Packrafting New Zealand
Terms & Conditions
Packrafting New Zealand Ltd – Terms and Conditions
A. We appreciate your custom and aspire to provide a friendly and safe experience.
B. We advise that all activities do carry a degree of risk and that by participating in the activity provided by the Operator you are expressly assuming those risks personally and are, to the maximum extent permitted by law, releasing the Operator and its officers and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages or expenses caused by any event including, but not limited to:
- Personal injury or death
- Property loss or damage
- Acts which may be construed as negligent or accidental
- Any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder
1. In participating in the activity I, the customer, agree to the conditions set out in A and B as above and consent to the conditions in clauses 1 a. to 1 f. below, 2 to 5, 6, 6 a., 6 b., 6 b. i to 6 b. iv, 6 c. and 7.
- a. I agree that my successors, executors, administrators and next of kin are bound by the terms and conditions.
- b. I agree not to commence any litigation or proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and perils set out in B above and to indemnify the Operator against any such claims.
- c. I confirm that I am physically fit and suffer no medical conditions, which may be aggravated by this activity.
- d. I consent to receive medical treatment in the case of injury, accident or illness during the activity and to indemnify the Operator against any claims in respect of this treatment.
- e. I agree that any films, sound, video or other recordings taken of or during the activity will not be used in any promotion or advertising without the prior consent of the Operator, however the Operator may use such recordings itself at its complete discretion without any prior approval.
- f. I agree to listen to my driver / guide / host, follow their instructions and make sure any children in my care do the same.
2. An itinerary is issued by the Operator providing the services and activities described, and are non-transferable.
3. The Operator accepts no responsibility for any loss or additional expenses arising from changes, delays or cancellations of the services and activities of the Operator.
4. An itinerary is based on fares and tariffs, which are, to the best of the Operators knowledge, correct at the time of issue. Any increases since the date of issue are at the cost of the customer payable to the Operator.
5. Trip Cancellations – the Operator reserves the absolute right to cancel any service as a result of weather conditions, insufficient reservations or any other unforeseen event or circumstances. The Operator also reserves the right to cancel any departure that does not meet the minimum requirement of 3 guests.
6. Booking Cancellations and Refunds – the Operator reserves the right to assess cancellations on a case by case basis and the following refund criteria applies:
- When you book a spot in a course or on a trip, or reserve a rental boat, we require a 25% deposit of the total cost. This secures your spot or reservation.
- The balance of payments should be paid no later than four weeks prior to the departure/rental date unless other arrangements are made. If you don’t do this, we may cancel your booking or reservation, so make sure to keep track of time as your trip is getting nearer. In this case, you won’t get your deposit back.
- If you need to cancel your trip or reservation after you’ve paid, you’ll get a refund based on how far in advance of the trip you cancel.
- If it’s more than 12 weeks out, we’ll refund the entire amount, including the deposit, but minus the 1.9% fee which we’ve had to pay to the booking system (sorry!).
- If it’s between 8 and 12 weeks until your big adventure, you’ll lose your deposit, but get back all of the rest.
- Between 4 and 8 weeks you’ll lose the deposit, and get back 80% of the rest.
- Within 4 weeks no refund applies.
- Once your trips, rentals or course has commenced no refund applies due to any circumstances.
GOOD NEWS! If you do need to cancel, we’re happy to honor your booking or reservation by moving it to another available date, whenever possible. We’ll extend this courtesy for up to a year from the date of your original trip or rental reservation, so just get in touch.
7. Any decision regarding an exception to the stated policy will be made entirely at the discretion of the Operator.
For any complaints please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 03 445 3080.