We designed the minimalist 2400 Porter for the expert ultralight backpacker or climber who moves fast, goes far and travels light. It’s ideal for shorter-duration adventures, where you’re sharing gear with your partner. Made from 100% waterproof Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber), this backpack is highly durable and weatherproof. Use it with our Stuff Sacks for a nearly perfect waterproof kit.
We can custom fit this pack for skiers by adding reinforced fully-woven Dyneema® side panels and bottom. Add $100 and allow three weeks for delivery.
1.90 lbs | 30.52 oz | 865g
Weight may vary slightly by torso size.
- Made in Maine
- Four external, vertical daisy chains for attaching a Porter Stuff Pocket, Porter Water Bottle Holders, or extra gear for trip-specific customization
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Hardline with Dyneema® shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Compression System
- Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Four side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Y-strap compression — Designed to secure gear
- Internal zippered pocket
- Hardline with Dyneema® dual-density hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Hardline with Dyneema® zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Ability to stow two ice axes on daisy chains
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features