There’s a kind of classic image that comes to mind when you hear the word “hiking.” Dense green and brown forests with meandering rugged root-strewn trails lead to awe-inspiring hill and mountain panoramas, and rivers and streams lull tired explorers to sleep at the end or strenuous but rewarding days. Backpackers and Thru Hikers that can’t get enough of this stuff will find no better friend than the Windrider. The 2400 (40L) volume size is ideal for weekend or section hikes where frequent resupply points are available.
The ultralight central vessel of the Windrider is constructed with 100% waterproof Dyneema® Composite Fabrics. The external mesh pockets provide ample room for the equipment you’ll want access to without having to open your pack and dig, and they’re great for drying out wet clothing as you go.
For the best experience possible with our backpacks, we recommend you complete your pack with our Pods and Stuff Sacks. They’re the key to a comfortable, highly-organized, and nearly 100% waterproof pack system.
1.87 lbs | 30.04 oz | 851g (White)
2.02 lbs | 32.34 oz | 916g (Black)
Weight may vary slightly by torso size.
- Made in Maine
- Three external mesh pockets — Makes it easy to see what’s in your pockets and allows gear to dry faster
- Hardline with Dyneema® zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Hardline with Dyneema® dual-density hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Hardline with Dyneema® shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Compression System
- Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Y-strap compression — Designed to secure gear
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Ice Axe loop
- Hydro port and internal mesh hydro sleeve
- Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features