For hikes measured more by changes in climate zones and geographical features than distance, the Junction offers the ultimate versatility required to meet those demands. The ultralight and simple central vessel is built with 100% waterproof Dyneema® Composite Fabrics, with two outer side pockets constructed of Dyneema® Hardline to provide an extra line of defense against abrasion, and an external center mesh pocket to give visibility to the contents and dry out wet clothing as you go.
The 3400 (55L) volume size is ideal for a weekend, section, or thru-hikes where resupply points are less frequent, or when trip needs demand flexibility for extra equipment. When the extra volume is not in use, the 3400’s top can roll down enough to make the overall size of the pack similar to the 2400, but that additional space can come in pretty handy when you need it.
For the best experience possible with our backpacks, we recommend you complete your pack with our Pods and Stuff Sacks. They’re the key to a comfortable, highly-organized, and nearly 100% waterproof pack system.
2.00 lbs | 32.00 oz | 906g (White)
2.15 lbs | 34.32 oz | 973g (Black)
Weight may vary slightly by torso size.
One external center mesh pocket with two solid-panel Hardline with Dyneema® pockets on the sides – dry gear faster with the middle pocket, protect or hide items in the sides
- Hardline with Dyneema® zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Hardline with Dyneema® hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4″ closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Hardline with Dyneema® shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Compression System
- Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Y-strap compression — Designed to secure gear
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features
- Bar tacked reinforcements
- Hydro port and internal mesh hydro sleeve
- Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Ice Axe loop
- Made in Biddeford, Maine, USA