Think of the Southwest as our “close quarters” trail pack. When the route is thick with vegetation that fails to recognize personal space, requires the occasional up and over immovable objects, and calls for “suck in your gut and shimmy through” type moves, the Southwest’s solid and durable Dyneema® Hardline panel pockets will keep those contents you want to easily grab throughout the day protected and free from any unwanted snags. The superlight and time-tested main compartment of the Southwest is constructed with 100% waterproof Dyneema® Composite Fabrics, so regardless of where your chosen trail is heading, and despite what Mother Nature feels like sharing each day, your chances of unpacking dry gear at camp are better than great.
The 4400 volume size (70L) is ideal for four-season, weekend, section, or thru hikes where resupply points are less frequent, bulkier cold weather gear is required, or the route calls for a packraft to complete it. The 4400 can carry it all.
For the best experience possible with our backpacks, we recommend you complete your pack with our Pods and Stuff Sacks. They’re the key to a comfortable, highly-organized, and nearly 100% waterproof pack system.
2.45 lbs | 39.31 oz | 1114g
Weight may vary slightly by torso size.
- Made in Maine
- Three external, solid Hardline with Dyneema® pockets
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Hardline with Dyneema® shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Internal plastic frame sheet for added back panel support
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Compression System
- Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Y-strap compression — Designed to secure gear
- Hardline with Dyneema® dual-density hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Hardline with Dyneema® zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Ice Axe loop
- Hydro port and internal mesh hydro sleeve
- Four exterior triglide buckles for optional pack accessory straps
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features