Extend the hiking season beyond your previous cut-off temperature. Blow through all of your paid-time-off hours at once. Ramp up the complexity of your undertaking. The 5400 is designed for all this and more with added capacity for bulkier cold weather clothing or dry suits, additional days’ worth of food, or supplementary equipment needed when throwing packrafting, climbing, or bikepacking into the mix. Just like the standard Porter, the 5400 uses our mayhem-tested 150-Denier Dyneema® Composite Fabric Hybrid (DCH150) for the main body of the pack but adds more protection to the base of the bag with a 375-Denier layer (DCHW).
Like our other packs, this one pairs exceptionally well with our Stuff Sacks. Add a Porter Stuff Pocket for extra storage.
3.06 lbs | 48.96 oz | 1387g
Weight may vary slightly by torso size.
- Made in Maine
- Four external, vertical daisy chains for attaching a Porter Stuff Pocket, Porter Water Bottle Holders, or extra gear for trip-specific customization
- Removable, contoured aluminum stays
- Hardline with Dyneema® shoulder straps with 3/8” closed cell foam and spacer mesh
- Internal plastic frame sheet for added back panel support
- 1/4” foam back panel pad
- Compression System
- Roll-Top closure system with side compression straps for vertical compression
- Six side compression straps for horizontal compression
- Top Y-strap compression — Designed to secure gear
- Internal zippered pocket
- Hardline with Dyneema® dual-density hip belt with 1/8” closed cell rigid foam, 1/4” closed cell foam, plastic stiffener, and spacer mesh
- Hardline with Dyneema® zippered pockets on hip belt with #5 YKK zipper
- Adjustable sternum strap with self-tensioning elastic
- Ability to stow two ice axes on daisy chains
- Proprietary seam sealing on all side seams and behind all sewn-on pack features