|Dimensions||51 × 27 × 27 mm|
Our largest and burliest packraft, the self-bailing Forager delivers two-person seating and massive cargo capacity in a super stable backpackable package. Whether you are doing fly in Alaska river trips, running western whitewater classics, big game hunting in remote areas, or fly fishing in the backcountry, the Forager is big and tough enough to handle any adventure.
Looking for additional options? Check out our Custom Lab Packrafts. You will go to the Alpackaraft website. Download the form, fill it in and send it our way. firstname.lastname@example.org
Packrafting is often described as an out-of-the-box adventure sport because it allows you to combine both land and water travel in the backcountry. Yet, the Forager goes further and lets you think outside the packraft box with unrivaled durability, stability, and cargo capacity in a backpackable package. Want to keep it light? The Forager is light enough to backpack for two. Want to load it up? The Forager’s XL Cargo Fly will take hundreds of pounds of cargo and keep it safe and dry while improving stability and handling. Want to save hundreds on raft rental costs? You can pack a Forager and two sets of paddling gear into a single duffel and fly anywhere in the world for the cost of only a checked bag. Want to run whitewater? We’ve loaded the Forager up with 12-days of food and equipment, plus two Gnarwhals as spare boats, for a self-support winter run down the Grand Canyon, successfully paddling through all of the major rapids along the way. If you are looking for a two person packraft that can handle everything from a classic western river trip, to fly in trips to the remote areas of Alaska, to self-supported big game hunting, to backcountry drift boat fishing, to worldwide travel, the Forager has all your bases covered.
Due to the seating configuration, the Forager is best paddled with a canoe style paddle. However, it can be paddled by a single stern paddler with a kayak paddle so that the front paddler can fish, take pictures, make lunch, etc. We recommend the Aquabound Shred-Apart paddle with the Forager, with the 240cm version being preferred.
- Manufacturing: Made to Order in Mancos, Colorado
- Shape: Cargo Hull
- Tube Diameter: 13.1-inch
- Valve: Temper assist valve for inflation and deflation
- Attachments: 2 bow D-ring grab loops, 2 stern D-ring grab loops, 8 lightweight D-rings on sides for lashing cargo, and 1 bow handle with 2 d-rings
- Seating: Full-length inflatable floor, optional platform seat for the front passenger
- Build Configurations: Self Bailing
- Cargo Fly: Standard (Internal dry bags sold separately)
- Materials: Proprietary 420-denier nylon hull and 840-denier ballistic nylon floor (Made in USA).
- Includes: Inflation Bag, Stuff Sack, and Basic Repair Kit
- Recommended Gear: Aqua-Bound Shred-Apart 240cm Paddle, Astral V-8 PFD for backcountry or Astral YTV PFD for whitewater, Kokatat Swift Entry Drysuit for whitewater
- AQUASEAL WARNING: Using the Aquaseal in the repair kit will expose you to toluene, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Sizing and Sepecifications
Sizing and Specifications
|Exterior Length||124in | 315cm|
|Exterior Width||43in | 109cm|
|Interior Length||70in | 178cm|
|Interior Width||18in | 46cm|
|Weight*||13.4lb | 6.10kg|
|Packed Size**||20x10in | 51x25cm|
|Max Capacity***||1000lb | 453kg|
*Weight includes all components except inflation bag, repair kit, and internal dry bags for Cargo Fly.
**Packed size is a reference measurement based on folding each lengthwise edge of the boat to the center and rolling from the bow. There are many other methods of rolling and folding the boats that will result in a different packed size that may be more or less efficient for packing depending on the situation.
***Max Capacity is the maximum total weight (paddlers and cargo) that the boat can reasonably carry in flatwater under ideal conditions. Actual capacity for any given trip will vary widely based on the paddler’s skill and water conditions. Please review our weight carrying capacity guide for further details.
- Self Bailing: The Forager is available only in a self bailing configuration.Cargo Fly Zipper: Our Cargo Fly internal storage system comes standard on the Forager. Extra-large internal dry bags may be purchased separately. The Cargo Fly features an airtight zipper installed in the stern of the boat to allow you to store your gear inside the tubes. The system provides drier and more secure gear storage and improved paddling performance due to a lower center of gravity.
Hull: Proprietary 420-denier nylon, single side laminated with pigmented polyurethane film (Made in USA)
Floor: Proprietary 840-denier ballistics nylon, laminated on both sides with polyurethane film (Made in USA).
Seating: 200-denier oxford nylon and 210-denier high count nylons, with proprietary polyurethane laminate films (Made in USA).
Accessories: All grab loops and similar attachments are manufactured in house in Mancos, Colorado out of scrap floor materials and USA made webbing. Small parts and fasteners are Made in USA, when available, and sourced from industry leaders like Duraflex, YKK, and ITW-Nexus.