Made by hand in Arcata, California
Kokatat builds thousands of dry suits, one at a time, every year in our factory in northern California. For more than 40 years we have developed design patterns and manufacturing techniques that ensure that each suit we sell is completely dry. In fact, we perform an individual water test on every suit we make. If we can’t fit you into one of our stock sizes, why not get a dry suit made to order? Explore your individuality. Choose your own unique color combination and select from a long list of additional options; you’ll end up with a suit that fits like a glove (that’s confusing) and a look that will be the envy of your paddling partners.
Kokatat can lengthen or shorten sleeves and legs, lengthen the torso, and change sock and gasket sizes to accommodate customer measurements. We recommend that all measurements be performed by an authorized and trained Kokatat retailer. Be sure to follow the measuring instructions below carefully. Kokatat is not responsible for the fit of a dry suit if the information provided is incorrect or incomplete. Measure twice, cut once.
The following measurements should be taken on the person’s front side:
- CHEST: Take this measurement at the widest point. This is usually at the nipple area. Do not hold your breath, just relax. If the person is muscular, take a second measurement at the armpit area, across the upper chest. Use the larger of the two measurements.
- WAIST: Measure just above your hip bone where your body bends when bending sideways.
- HIPS: Take this measurement from the side to ensure the correct placement of the tape. Place the tape around the hips and across the widest point of the buttocks. This might be a good time to come up with a descriptive word other than “widest”. Make sure that all pockets are empty.
- INSEAM: This is also referred to as the “crotch to ankle bone” measurement for those very secure individuals. Have the person stand with legs straight and feet about 12” apart. Have them hold their hand to the side, with palm facing out. Place the end of the measuring tape between their first two fingers. Ask them to place the hand with the tape in their crotch area, snug up against the body. Just relax! Stretch the tape straight down your ankle bone. Ask the person to look straight ahead, turn their head to the right and cough.
- GIRTH: This measurement is for the entire torso length. Place the tape at the base of the neck on top of the shoulder. Run the tape down the front, through the crotch and up the back to the starting point on the shoulder. This final measurement should be taken on the backside:
- SPINE TO WRIST: Hold arm directly out to the side, parallel to the floor, palm down. Bend the elbow forward, stop hand in front of nose. Place the tape at the base of the neck, starting at the spine. Run tape along the arm, turn at the elbow, measuring to the wrist bone.